This article focuses on NHL DFS Picks for 1/14 on DraftKings and FanDuel. Both sites have fairly different scoring formats, particularly with the recent changes on DraftKings. We consider tournament tactics, statistics, pricing, and attempt to tackle this highly variable Daily Fantasy format so we can gain an edge on the field at large. BE SURE to double-check both regular and power play lines at both morning skate and before lock as they can drastically change from the time of publication.
Sign up NOW for WIN DAILY Premium Gold right here! Projections, weather reports, wagering info, 24/7 expert chats and more!
Top Expensive Line
Tampa Bay One – Brayden Point, Nikita Kucherov, Steven Stamkos
It is just hard to find a way around Tampa Bay here. They come in a whopping -300 favorite, good for largest on the slate. Many people might also be attracted to the Toronto Maple Leafs, who come in a -250 favorite at home against the Devils. However, the Devils have played much better recently aside from one lopsided loss against the Rangers. I also think that the Tampa Bay top line is vastly more talented, as Auston Matthews individually is the only skater on their level. The Kings, meanwhile are traveling to Tampa from the west coast and should get shellacked. Prior to their hangup against the Devils, this line looked unstoppable. If you play on both sites, I would give them priority on DraftKings due to the savings you get on Brayden Point.
Top Value Line
New York Islanders One – Anders Lee, Jordan Eberle, Brock Nelson
I try not to be a homer but the Islanders are a hefty -275 home favorite for their faceoff with the woeful Detroit Red Wings. As Allan put it, “Detroit is playing like Brad Marchand taking a penalty shot”, in reference to Marchand’s big whiff last night. Matt Barzal has been pretty solid individually, but I would turn to the top line here. They have been the best overall line on the Islanders as of late, and come in following a two-goal game from Jordan Eberle, in what was otherwise a huge disappointment against the Rangers last night. Jimmy Howard aka “Slipping Jimmy” has already been confirmed in net, which is a huge bump for the Isles. I have no idea why he continues to draw starts with his awful 4.10 GAA and .880 save percentage. You might be able to find someone better off the street. When combined with all of the shots that the Red Wings allow, it’s the perfect recipe for a swift Islanders bounce back.
1/14 NHL DraftKings Rankings
- David Pastrnak – Boston Bruins – $8,200
- Auston Matthews – Toronto Maple Leafs – $7,700
- Steven Stamkos – Tampa Bay Lightning – $7,200
- Nikita Kucherov – Tampa Bay Lightning – $7,400
- Nathan MacKinnon – Colorado Avalanche – $8,100
- Roman Josi – Nashville Predators – $7,000
- Torrey Krug – Boston Bruins – $4,900
- Neal Pionk – Winnipeg Jets – $4,400
- Mikhail Sergachev – Tampa Bay Lightning – $3,700
- David Savard – Columbus Blue Jackets – $3,200
- Tuukka Rask – Boston Bruins – $8,000
- Robin Lehner – Chicago Blackhawks – $7,200
1/14 NHL FanDuel Rankings
- Bryan Rust – Pittsburgh Penguins – $5,800
- David Pastrnak – Boston Bruins – $8,800
- Auston Matthews – Toronto Maple Leafs – $8,600
- Steven Stamkos – Tampa Bay Lightning – $8,400
- Nathan MacKinnon – Colorado Avalanche – $8,900
- Roman Josi – Nashville Predators – $7,100
- Cale Makar – Colorado Avalanche – $5,100
- Mattias Ekholm – Nashville Predators – $4,200
- Neal Pionk – Winnipeg Jets – $4,100
- Connor Murphy – Chicago Blackhawks – $3,900
- Jakob Chychrun – Arizona Coyotes – $3,700
- Robin Lehner – Chicago Blackhawks – $8,100
- Adin Hill – Arizona Coyotes – $7,400
1/14 Monkey Knife Fight NHL Prop Picks – Win With These Picks Here and Get 100 Percent Bonus!
Nathan MacKinnon, Steven Stamkos, Auston Matthews – Over 2.5 Points – The 2.5 point bet is up to a 15/21 hit rate as it crushed last night between Pasta’s goal, Alex Ovechkin’s two goals, and Artemi Panarin’s crazy five-point night. Tonight, you can use the three skaters I listed, or throw in Pasta and pull one out. There are quite a few high-end options to choose from.
Sign up and get started with WinDailySports! We have your sport and the experts to help make you money. Why lose another buck when you can win TODAY!